Thursday 13 August 2009

I love where I come from. 2 memories spring to mind where words simply cannot express emotions I have felt when returning home.
One was when the van broke down on the m62 it was raining so much water got into the engine, the rain was so heavy the windscreen wipers did nothing. The electrics went there were no lights and now no wipers. The traffic was halting to a still, people in their vehicles were consciously aware of the chances of an accident increasing. We pulled over through fear of death.

Ever imagined what its like going on holiday without travel insurance then suddenly find yourself falling off a roof?

Then out of nowhere the rain stopped the van sorted itself out and we were half an hour away from liverpool. the sky was just beautiful.
Coming back to Liverpool is just undescribable, its like what you imagine a city behind a waterfall to look like. I dont get homesick but the feeling of being on your way back to your soil can make any problem seem unimportant.
A Big open vast road with pink and orange heavens, the rainswept tarmac reflecting paradise straight back up.
I can remember the plane back from Amsterdam. This sheet of cloud below as I looked out the window broke. Not many people may have seen what I did or felt like I did when I did. (lots of I's and dids there wtf)
The stereotype of a grey rainy depressing England do not exist in my mind, well not Liverpool anyway. The only way I can describe it is an Imeopian Paradise, and ofcourse when youre under the magnifying glass life gets bland. But my whole personna was altered. I couldnt imagine how someone like me could find life more beautiful, but I do a little more every day.
Since I started on a high I guess I can end on a bitter note like the lemon after a short of tequila.
My chest aches for the people who see no beauty or hope in the world, for those people who institutionalise themselves (is that even the right word or context??)
Basically dont seal yourself off from the world and stop looking at your feet! Im sure your shoes arent that awesome anyway.
Life is beautiful, stop fighting it and enjoy.

No comments: